CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 6, 2012

Setting large...and small goals starts NOW

I want to try something new.  My brother said to me tonight that for 2012 he wants me to love unconditionally.  What does he mean by that?  Is it viewed by others that I love unconditionally?  In my heart I do not offer conditions so am I portraying to people that I only love them "if" they do this or "if" they do that?  That makes me sad.  While I do not know if I am able to love unconditionally and show the world that I do...I do know that there are things in my life I want to change.  In 2011 I made some drastic changes to my lifestyle, and in 2012 I would like to continue the trend.

Things in 2012 that I would like to accomplish:
1.) Anger less easily.  Bite my tongue.  Yell less.
2.) Lower my expectations of my brilliant son so that I dont push him away.
3.) Judge others less.
4.) Find financial freedom.
5.) Pray more.
6.) Save money. (Adoption fund & Vacation fund)
7.) Find out who Wendy really is and what her purpose here is...
8.) Lose weight and feel good about myself again.

However...in order to accomplish all of these things I am going to have to set smaller goals.  I want to write a weekly blog about what I want to accomplish that week.  End the week with another blog going over what I was able to accomplish.  Maybe even blog about what I prayed for and about.  Just so we can physically see how wonderful God's grace truly is.

Today I had a fight with God.  It got ugly.  Real ugly. I screamed, I cried, I cursed.  And in the end, I was broken-hearted for my behavior, and I am for certain He was too.  I am His child, and at times children act out and say things that they do not mean.  I can only imagine the heartache I would feel if my son said to me what I said to God today.  Thank goodness God is forgiving and is merciful! 

For the week of January 9th 2012 here are three simple goals:
1.)  Set bill pays back up
2.)  Have a game night with my son.
3.) Pray twice daily.

Until next week...
Wish me luck...

0 comments: