CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Adoption/Fostering possibilities

That time is coming again, the yearning, the desire, and the want for a baby. It breaks my heart that I can never offer my husband an offspring. I know that it is silly but it makes me feel like less of a woman, less of a person. In my mind, a woman’s primary job is to be a mother. I have a 15 year old son who has truly blessed my life with his presence. I thank God for him every day. He showed me what it was like to truly be loved unconditionally and has brought my heart so much joy. He is amazing. So amazing that I wanted more, but that has not been the Lord’s plan for our family. I want a baby. I wish we could all be on the same page on this situation. But then again, maybe we are. I haven’t blogged about this yet for the mere fact that it is a serious situation. In March we met a little boy who is a distant relative of mine who is in the custody of the state. He is also a member of the Chippewa Indian tribe. This little man is amazing and has opened my heart to the idea of adoption and foster care. I love him dearly. We do not know what is going to happen in the weeks to come, but October 7th is his mother’s termination hearing. I am going to be there just in case, but I am very curious and nervous to see what happens. Only time will tell. We are currently in the process of becoming licensed foster parents. We have 3 classes left which feels like such a relief. I am excited to see where this new experience leads us.

0 comments: