CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Middle of May


I feel very sad. Very empty. My best friend of 16, almost 17 years just left my house and is now in route to someplace in Texas that she now calls home. I have been so lucky. I was able to spend the last several days with her, and now...she is gone. Not for good, I will see her again...but for now I am really depressed about her departure. Have you ever had that friend that always "understands you," that regardless of life's curve balls is always there, that even if you dont talk for years...you know in your heart that they will be your friend always...well for me that is her. Seeing her was not only great and fabulous, but it also reminded me of what we all lost a few months ago. For her, it is her mother. For me, it is my friend. It's so hard to think about anything right now other than the fact that "Aunt Becky" as my son called her, is gone for good. I thank God that He has brought my best friend back to Iowa...if even for a visit. I know how hard this visit was for her. She handled it well. This was the first time I was in her mother's house without her mother being there though. It was exceptionally hard for me. I think I cried a good portion of the weekend...and tonight as well. She left Iowa about twenty minutes ago, and God, PLEASE help guide her back to Texas safely. She is tired. She should have napped. Please give her the strength emotionally and physically to make a safe journey.

0 comments: