CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Being the parent of a teenager is rough sometimes...

I am sitting in the cafeteria...it appears a lot of my thoughts come to me most when I am sitting at lunch...interestingly enough.

The more I blog, the better I feel...sometimes. I noticed that I am increasingly becoming stressed out the closer and closer we get to Christmas. I broke down last night again. I think it was because my 13 year old son has finally reached the age where his mom is no longer "cool." It depressed me...especially when I recalled how I felt earlier this year when this realization was just beginning to set in. Except back then, I was comforted knowing that although Tanner would no longer like his mom or want his mom involved, there would be a new baby that would need me...so it was all going to be okay. I would not hurt as bad...

Then I lost Dallas and I am still in the "not cool mom" category so I find myself up a creek without a paddle.
Bummer.

I need to find something that Tanner and I will be able to do...something in common...so that he will want to be around me again. It used to be just me and him. For years that is all that either of us knew. Now we have a family and Tanner is a teenager.

Who knew parenting could be this rough?

Tyler kindly pointed out to me last night that by the age of 13 he was really rude to his mom and treated her poorly but he still loved her. He reminded me of this because Tanner is NOT disrespectful, he is NOT mouthy, he is NOT tempermental, or dishonest. I am lucky. I am blessed. My teenager is one of a kind and truly is a rare gem...and for that I AM THANKFUL.

Thank you God for my teenager. Thank you God for all the wonderful years you have given to both of us, and hopefully many more. Thank you God for all of our blessings...we have so many.

0 comments: