CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The walk and thoughts of adoption...

Well we did the walk on Sunday. It was awesome how many people came out to honor our boys! A true blessing to have those people in our lives. They played the song "precious child" at the service. I played that song at dallas' service so it was somewhat bittersweet to hear it in that setting. I am including the best pictures taken during the walk.
Separate from the walk, I have also had international adoption brought into the light for me lately too. I have thought about it in the past but dismissed it shortly after. Today I feel like God was screaming at me that it is what he wants me to do. Scary! But if I am to trust that He really does know what He is doing, I have to follow his callings. Period. My intention is to go to an informational meeting on Saturday. Hopefully I get some good information :)
I told my mom about my possible venture and she somewhat discouraged me to pursue it. It shocked me that she would discourage it because a. She was adopted b. She knows how badly I have wanted a baby and c. She has a newfound Christianity and doing good for the sake of others is something that we as Christians should encourage. After she slightly gave me her negative outlook she apologized. And continued to do so throughout the night. I love my mom so much. Her intentions were good I am sure, she just struggles with the right things to say sometimes, but who doesn't ;)
As far as the adoption process goes, I am only in the very beginning stages of mulling it over. If it's meant to be, God will open doors for me and lead me in that direction. Only time will tell...

0 comments: